Six Ways Exercise Does a Body Good
You don't need a fancy academic study to know that exercise is essential to good health. But its benefits go far beyond what you may think. Here are six different ways that regular physical activity does your body and mind good.
- Exercise is a weight controller: Regular exercise is the top method of burning calories, which sheds pounds and helps you achieve that slim, trim figure. It also reduces pressure on your legs, knees and feet, preventing issues like varicose veins and arthritis.
- Exercise is a disease fighter: Regular exercise can reduce your risk of a range of health conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high sugar - all of which boost your risk for disease and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome, depression, arthritis and certain types of cancer also are less likely to strike those who stay active.
- Exercise is a mood booster: Physical activity kick starts production of feel-good brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine, which boostsfeelings of relaxation, confidence and overall happiness.
- Exercise is an energy booster:Exercise gets your blood pumping, which boosts oxygen and nutrient levels in your body's tissues. This helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, which in turn improvesenergy, endurance and muscle strength.
- Exercise is a sleep inducer:Getting in a good workout a few hours before bedtime each day can significantly improve your sleep, helping you to fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.
- Exercise is an intimacy boon:For women, regular physical activity can enhance sexual arousal. For men, it can reduce the risk of issues like erectile dysfunction.
Ready to experience all the ways exercise can benefit your body and mind? Call 800-501-8090 to locate your nearest Metabolic Research Center and connect with a weight loss specialist who will tailor an exercise and nutrition plan just for you.
SHARE THIS BLOG