How to Enjoy the Holiday Season without Feeling Guilty
It can be challenging to fully enjoy the holiday season when on a diet. The many unhealthy yet scrumptious food options available make it easy for you to go back on your diet commitments, leaving you feeling upset with yourself for not sticking to your healthy eating plan. Alternatively, you may be successful in avoiding unhealthy foods but still feel saddened by the fact that you are missing out on eating food you previously enjoyed.
The good news is that you don't have to let your new diet plan ruin your holidays. There are many simple things you can do to enjoy eating great food without putting on extra weight. Here are sometried and proven tips for your consideration:
- Buy healthy, low-fat treats you enjoy eating and keep them available for snacks.
- Choose a small plate when hitting a holiday party buffet line; doing so will make it easy for you to stick to small food portions.
- When at a party, look the food options over carefully and then pick the ones that are the healthiest.
- Consider eating a healthy snack or mini-meal at home before heading out to a party so you aren't tempted to eat too much unhealthy food at the party itself.
- Allow yourself to have an unhealthy treat from time to time so you don't feel like you're missing out on everything. To make up for this, reduce fat content for other snacks or meals.
Consider the tips outlined above and customize them to meet your specific needs. While it may take some time and effort to plan for holiday diet plan disruptions and challenges, doing so will help you stick to a healthy eating plan while still enjoying great food during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons.
SHARE THIS BLOG