Six Reasons to Get Moving Now
It's proven that a couch potato lifestyle is detrimental to your health. But exercise offers many more benefits than a slim figure. Metabolic Research Center offers six top reasons to get off the couch and get moving.
- Exercise controls weight: Exercise burns calories, which helps you to lose weight and to maintain that weight loss over time. This alone helps to take pressure off your to legs, knees and feet, preventing issues like varicose veins and arthritis.
- Exercise fightsdisease: Regular exercise can reduce your risk of myriad of health conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high sugar - all of which contributes to heart disease and diabetes. Other potential ills that take a hit from regular exercise include metabolic syndrome, depression, arthritis and certain types of cancer.
- Exercise boosts your mood: Physical activity boostsproduction of feel-good brain chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, which increase feelings of relaxation, confidence and happiness.
- Exercise increases energy:Exercise gets your blood pumping, which boosts delivery of oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. This helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, which in turn improvesenergy, muscle strength and endurance.
- Exercise improves sleep:A regular workout at least a few hours before bedtime each day can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.
- Exercise revs up your sex life:For women, regular physical activity can enhance sexual arousal. For men, it can reduce the risk of issues like erectile dysfunction. And of course, a trimmed and toned body is a confidence booster, which can help you shed inhibitions under the covers.
Ready to get moving? Call 800-501-8090 to locate your nearest Metabolic Research Center and connect with a weight loss and nutrition specialist who will tailor a plan just for you.
SHARE THIS BLOG