10 Tips for Maximizing your Secondary Exercise
Successful weight loss plans include at least 20 minutes of exercise each day. But that primary effort can get a huge boost from what's called secondary exercise - the exercise you get simply by carrying on your day-to-day routine. Metabolic Research Center offers these tips for maximizing your fitness plan.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park farther from the door to get more walking in.
- If you take the bus or subway, get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Walk or bike your errands around town.
- Carry your own groceries to your car.
- Clean your house.
- While you're cleaning your house, turn up some music and put a little dance into it.
- Play with your kids until they wear you out.
- Walk the dog a little longer and throw in a little ball or Frisbee play.
- Walk, jog in place or use the treadmill while you watch your favorite TV show.
Jumpstart your own weight loss effort with a call to your nearest Metabolic Research Center location.
SHARE THIS BLOG