Weight Loss Is Fun!
There are so many negative stigmas attached to the process of dieting, being healthy and losing weight. Sure, making a real change in your lifestyle and eating habits requires some adjustments, but it certainly doesn’t have to be miserable! In fact, the only way to truly realize lasting and long-term success with regard to weight loss is to find a plan and a new way of life that works for you, one that is enjoyable, fun and comfortable! No one is ever going to stick with a plan that’s dripping with deprivation and starvation! So, what can you do to add some flavor and fun to your daily diet regimen? Check out some of the quick tips below.
- Learn Something New. When it comes to diet and exercise, it is so easy to get stuck in a rut. While having a structured eating plan and work-out schedule is incredibly important to your success, if it’s too rigid, you may get bored or grow tired of doing the same thing, day in and day out. With that said, don’t be afraid to try something NEW! Change things up a bit! Start going to a new class at the gym, maybe Yoga, Zumba or Water Aerobics. Challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone and try something you’ve never done before but always wanted to do! Making this type of change can also help you to break through a plateau in your weight loss journey.
- Experiment with New Foods. Healthy and program-friendly foods do not have to be bland, tasteless and boring. After all, who wants to eat food that doesn’t taste good? Try shopping at ethnic grocery stores, experiment with different spices or locally grown produce. Look for interesting recipes online (try our Pinterest page) or in MRC’s cookbook. Rotate the vegetables you eat based on seasonality, always searching for new ways to prepare them!
- Make Friends.One of the best parts about MRC is the sense of community one can gain when visiting the center each week. Connecting with someone who is on a similar journey can prove very helpful in the way of support and encouragement. Plus, befriending someone who is likeminded and equally as committed to making healthy changes can often create the foundation for a wonderful friendship! Cook together, exercise together and support one another. Join our Facebook and Twitter page to connect with others from around, and get support from home (in your jammies:) any time- day or night. You’re not alone!
- Reward Yourself. Celebrate every success, every milestone! Whether you’ve lost your first five pounds or finally hit your goal weight, do something to reward yourself in a HEALTHY way! Be proud of your accomplishments! Treat yourself to a new outfit, a massage or a movie date with your significant other, anything really, as long as it’s a healthy treat for your body, physically or emotionally.
- Adjust Goals. As you continue to lose weight and embrace a healthier lifestyle, your goals will begin to change. With each major weight loss milestone, sit down and review the goals you’ve set. If you’ve met them, celebrate your success and then set a new goal. Maybe you’ve lost 20 pounds, which was your initial goal, but now you want to run your first 5K run, so you set a new goal! The sky is the limit!
Regardless of what you do, the process of losing weight can be fun and oh-so-rewarding. Happiness is a choice, and you can choose to make your path a joyful one! Your success is largely tied to your attitude, so keep your head high, keep a smile on your face, and keep your thoughts rooted in the positive!
SHARE THIS BLOG