8 Great Grocery Store Finds for Weight Loss
Grocery Shopping Sunday! Losing weight and loving what you eat don't always go hand in hand, but with the right seasonings, great recipes, and a little help from your weight loss friends at Metabolic Research Center, you can LOVE what you eat and lose weight.
Metabolic Research Center's weight loss menus include a wide variety of foods including lean proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Because our menus are desinged using real, whole food, that you buy at the grocery store, knowing what to buy can make all the difference. Clients often tell us that seeing the pictures is helpful, so when we do our own weekly shopping we snap photographs to help you discover the best finds at your market. Seasoniongs, spices, salad dressing, and condiments can make all difference. Learning to make our Ranch Dressing is the difference is blah and ah-ha.
- Our Pinterest boards are loaded with tips for roasting, mashing, are searing this wonderful squash. Butternut squash has a similar texture to a sweet porato, but a nuttier taste.(right column, second picture)
- 50 calorie pitas! Usually found in the bakery section where you find "fancy" flat breads and crackers. Perfect for stuffing with scrambled eggs, turkey and cheese, egg or tuna salad, almost anything works.
Ranch Dip -
Hidden Valley Ranch Dip is the PERFECT weight loss trick. Add one package to Fat Free Greek Yogurt or blended LowFat Cottage Cheese. Store in the fridge in an air tight container such as a Mason jar, and you've got a vegetable dip, salad dressing and sandwich spread. (pictured above).
- They taste exactly like a white potato, but they contain 4 times as many antioxidants as Russet potatoes.
- There are lots of flavors. With only 90 cals for the whole flat, you can have 1/2 per meal. Perfect for pizza, wraps and breakfast sandwiches.
They are so many to choose from and the tip is to look and read labels. Today we found 3 variety that were 50 calories per serving. The Mission brand corn tortillas are 3 for 120 caloreis, so 1 per meal is perfect.
Frank's Wing Sauce
- A staple in the MRC Kitchen. Make boneless buffalo wings, Buffalo Ranch Dressing, and more.
- they won't be around for long, so enjoy them while they last. Perfect mixed with apples for a sweet tart treat.