3 Decadent Breakfasts
Far too often we make the mistake of thinking "because I'm eating healthy, that means I can't eat foods that I love and find to be delicious." Maybe with some diets, that's a sad reality, but it couldn't be further from the truth with Metabolic Research Center's menus and programs! Long gone are the days when a "diet breakfast" could only consist of hard boiled eggs or bland oatmeal. The truth of the matter is that you CAN lose weight while eating foods like bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, french toast, and even maple syrup! The trick is knowing "which options" are really going to work with and enhance your healthy choices, and which ones are not.
Today, we've got three of our easiest breakfast recipes (or if you're the "breakfast for dinner" type, then these are right up your alley, too)! In addition to being three of our easiest recipes, they are also three of our most decadent and versatile recipes! Pancakes (yes, the ones that you cook in the pan and fluff up real nice), Waffles (fresh made at home in your waffle maker) and French Toast (with melted butter and warmed syrup).
There's a whole world of possibility when it comes to toppings and sides. For clients following an MRC Menu, just be sure that your additions to these recipes fit within your menu parameters. For those who love a dollop of syrup, Walden Farms has a great collection of caolorie-free options that won't hinder your weight loss or throw off your blood sugar. If you've got a healthy fat option in your menu, then you could use grass-fed better on top of each of these or a side of bacon. For those where a carbohydrate option is available, any number of healthy fruits make a delicous and colorful addition. Spoiler: the warmed blueberries featured in our pancake recipe is just simply amazing as a fruit topping and accompaniment. Lastly, we encourage you to play with flavors, extracts, and spices you enjoy. Like lemon? Then make a blueberry-lemon pancakes by adding a few drops of lemon extract to your batter! A fan of Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Add cinnamon and nutmeg to your French Toast egg mixture and top the whole thing with a crunchy zero-calorie sweetener!
Our favorite ways to enjoy each of these are outlined below, but we'd love to see what you come up with! Send us a photo and description to email@example.com, and we just might feature your creation in our recipes section!
- 2 eggs (suggestion: use 1 egg to coat the bread and scramble the other)
- 1 slice low calorie bread (approx 50 cals)
- 1 drop each: vanilla extract, nutmeg extract
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl.
- Add extracts and any spices you’d like and mix again.
- Dip bread in mixture, coating both sides.
- In a pan or griddle over medium heat, cook both sides until golden brown (should only take a couple of minutes each side).
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: entire recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 carbohydrate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet MRC Vanilla Creme Pudding HNS
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with a fork.
- Pour into preheated waffle maker and cook according to appliance instructions.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings and sides!
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: entire recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein and 1 creamy HNS
- 1 pkg of MRC Vanilla Creme Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. blueberries, warmed
- In a small bowl, mix together with a fork the dry pudding packet and eggs; beating until the batter is lump-free.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan - making pancakes of whatever size you'd like - and cook until bubbles begin to form and pop.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown (usually just a minute or two).
- Top with warmed blueberries and serve.
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: entire recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 creamy HNS, 1 carbohydrate
SHARE THIS BLOG